Sunday, October 10, 2010

soul mate

I imagined it would happen in this way. A crowded room full of friends and strangers alike. Mingling words, unobservant of their meaning. Entranced by my thoughts, my chimerical mind recounting moments that sped my heart to its limits. Harmoniously unaware of worlds colliding around me tonight, I stare blankly at the creaking lacquered floors beneath my leather bound soles. Wonderously, I foreshadow my next dream. My presense here only in body. The physical distance between us substantiated this reality quite often. However, now I am awakened by a cold breeze against my shoulder. I shudder but feel warm. As if my broekn soul is on the mend. I look up and for a second am blinded. My dream before me. Our eyes meet and my heart stops. The lights above flicker. A smile covers my face. I walk towards you. Your embrace I feel next. Together now, was if we've never been apart.

No comments: