Thursday, November 11, 2010

what is enough

For the moment all I have to give are words. Do they resonate your being and keep your faith alive or will they fall to the floor like drops of tears streaming from my cheeks. Who started the war between our hearts and virtue. Who broke the barrier between being and survival of separation. Who dared awaken the dragon and released him from his cage.

I am in the den of a lion. I tread in waters too deep to stand. For the moment all I have to give are words. Will my love fall short on deaf ears. You are surrounded by desire. Miles and miles away I ponder and pray they will leave you be. I silently beg for you to wait. In my kitchen of noise, my breath fails me, too deep in thought to understand my fear. Take me back, I scream inside, to the beginning or banish me from my fate. Amidst my longing and my pain I see my three little wishes and yet I can not stop my quest. To be or not to be. Who will get what they need and who will suffer at my hand. Still, I beg, please don't go . Stay and wait.. I have so much to give

I am scathed and I am bruised and the fight has only just begun. For the moment all I have to give are words. Will you hear them or will you let them disappear into the wind. Don't lose my gaze. I have so much to give. If only it was yesterday before I gathered up my three little wishes but, for now they will never leave me and it is me who can not leave them. For the moment all I have to give are words. Do they resonate your being and keep your faith alive or will they fall to the floor like drops of tears streaming from my cheeks.

No comments: